Monday, October 30, 2006

My First Song

So I'll start off my posts with one of my favorite artists, Ben Folds Five. The song is "Army" off the album "The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner."

Duration: 203 seconds

Climax: 126 seconds into the song when a brass section starts that leads into the last verse section of the song.

Therefore, dividing 203 by 126, I get 1.6111. That's close enough to the desired 1.618, I would think!!!

This was actually the first song I even looked at for the golden section, it'll be interesting to see if more songs that I enjoy have this same phenomenon.

2 comments:

selaha said...

good job, man. that's a real popular ben folds song that has definitely stuck around. try to see if the whole album conforms to the rule, too.

Anonymous said...

As a Ben Folds fan, its one of my favorites.