Thursday, November 23, 2006

Laces Out!

Hello everyone.

Here's something i found a little interesting in Tom Petty's "Freefallin", and U2's "Stuck in a Moment." First, I figured out what I believed the climax to be and found the ratio that the ratio was a little lower than what we have been looking for. I than calculated where the climax would have to be in order for it to work out, and what I found was that in "Freefallin" it would have to be at 153 seconds, and in "Stuck in a Moment". it would have to be at 169 seconds. What is interesting is that both of these songs follow a similar pattern. A few verses, a chorus, an instrumental period, then precisely at the "Fibonacci second" the singer starts the slower, dramatic verse. After thinkin about Brante's post, I realized that is the point in a live performance where the crowd will be going crazy, so that could also technically be considered a climax. Go ahead check it out.

No comments: