Wednesday, November 29, 2006

More off Darkness on the Edge of Town

The target this time, "Candy's Room" by Bruce Springsteen. A song about a girl but its better than 99% of them out there which is saying alot. There must be hundreds of thousands of songs on the topic. This is off the same album my last post was off of which is exciting as I'll look for more golden sections off Darkness on the Edge of Town.

The climax occurs after an initial guitar solo and the actual climax starts when Bruce slides on the guitar twice going from low to high. Its one of the rare climaxes I can actually play on my own guitar as it only involves me sliding my fingers down the strings.

Duration: 168 seconds
Climax: 100 seconds (as describe above)

168 by 100 equals a golden section of 1.68 even.

2 comments:

Eddiecaps said...

What do we make of The strong presence of golden section in the work of our friend Mr. Springsteen? It seems to be a clear player in the powerful songs that Bruce has given us..

selaha said...

Bruce is the man, so the more golden section songs we find by him, the better!