Sunday, November 12, 2006

Rubber Soul

My second Beatles album, Rubber Soul, has similar characteristics to Sgt. Peppers. Out of 14 songs, 2 of them conformed to the Golden Section.

song # 10 "Im Looking Through You"

duration = 147 seconds
dramatic solo = 91 seconds
147/91 = 1.1615

song #11 "In My Life"
duration = 148 seconds
dramatic solo = 92 seconds is right at the beginning of the long piano solo
148/92 = 1.608

Just like with Sgt. Pepper, the most well known song on the album (In My Life) conforms to the Golden Section Rule.

However, unlike Sgt. Pepper, Rubber Soul as an album does not directly relate to the rule.

I'll keep you updated on more Beatles albums! If the Fab Four's music keeps corresponding to the fibonacci sequence, than you know something must be true about it.

1 comment:

BrandtE28 said...

Seth, I think you have a typo when you say the ratio is 1.16... That would be pretty far off the desired number.