Monday, February 26, 2007

Moonglow

I agree with the previous post. That idea is sort of summarized by what I found looking at "Moonglow."

There were a few versions but the one i was able to download actually had no words. That wasnt really a problem though, I was still able to pick out dramatic moments and the climax. I didn't find anything interesting relating to the Fibonacci numbers here. The climax also was non-interesting.

173/76 (highest note in the song, happens during a harp solo i think)= 2.2, no golden section.

The thing about Rod, and what we've found so far, is that he can take a ballad like song like this, and make it more like a Fib/golden section song. That's exactly what I see here. None of the points match up with Fibonacci numbers, but they are clsoe, within 5 or 6 seconds. and the climax occurs at 137 seconds in, the same high note as in the original...

213/137= 1.55, not golden section but much closer

I think this is almost a summary of what Rod is doing. He is taking the originals and adding sections to them and changing them slightly to make them more likely to be appreciated by a larger audience.

Interesting stuff.

No comments: