Thursday, December 21, 2006

Here We Are

I think the song "Here We Are" by Gloria Estefan , which was number 74 on the list, has some of the things you are talking about.

For starters, don't ask me why, but this was the first song i chose to look at. The climax of the song occurs 180 seconds in, when Gloria dials it up a notch in the, "here we are ONCE again...". Anyway, since the song is 292 seconds long, that gives a ratio of 1.62, clearly a golden section song.

I also noted a couple of other things having to do with the fibonacci numbers. For instance, at 21 seconds in, all the instruments kick in for the first time. Also, at exactly 33 seconds in is when the first vocals are heard. I would argue these are fairly significant periods in any song. I wonder how many more of the songs from the list exhibit stuff like this...

This is definately an interesting way to analize these songs a little bit deeper.

No comments: