Monday, January 15, 2007

1990 comes to an end..

Well I think we've really looked at all of the songs that we thought were hits from the year 1990. We had a pretty good success rate on golden section songs, but NONE of them conformed to the fibonacci numbers.

Here are the songs that conformed to the golden section:
"Hold On"- Wilson Phillips
"Black Velvet"-Alannah Myles
"Love Shack"-B-52's
"Janie's Got a Gun"'Aerosmith
"I Go To Extremes"-Billy Joel
"How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
"Something Happened On The Way to Heaven"-Phil Collins
"Here We Go"-Gloria Estefan

Do we see any relationships between these songs? They are all pop songs, no real rock songs in this bunch. Other than that, I'm not sure if I see anything else of note...what do you guys think?

4 comments:

Alex Iskold said...

Can you explain your method in more details? Shoot me an email with some background and I'll see what I can do.

Alex

Eddiecaps said...

I can't say that I see any connection between these songs....we have some proven, successful artists and we have some lesser known and more infrequently heard artists. I say we move to 1991 and try to find something there....

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a neat idea! Just stumbled on this site, and look forward to seeing more analyses.

Unknown said...

I would say it's a good time to move onto the next year. If there is a pattern, maybe it has to do with songs from year to year, not neccesarily within each year. Lets check it out.