Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The B-52s

Love Shack is undoubtedly one of those songs that has survived for nearly 2 decades as a party anthem for many. I chose this song as a hit because it is a song I associate closely with my childhood and my first exposure to mainstream music. The B-52 haven't the longevity of Billy or Phil but are more towards a one hit wonder. I cannot personally name another song by the group so feel free to call me out on a song that I should know but don't!

The song is 5:18 seconds long and the golden section begins at 3:15 when the lead singer belts, "so comon and bring your juke box money!"

318/195 = 1.6205 - feels like knockin on Fibonacci's door..

Since the song is 318 seconds in length, it does not fit the other Fibonacci sequence..

There were no other correlations that I could make out...

1 comment:

Just plain old me said...

Hi,
Just reading your blog, very interesting. I thought you might like to look at the B-52's discography http://www.connollyco.com/discography/b52s/ to show that the are far from a one hit wonder.

Autumn