Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Analysis

I think the sample size may be too small right now to make any solid conclusions. The lack of real rock bands might because that type of music was in style and therefore not included on the list of top 100 songs of that year. I think we should move onto the next year because grunge rock will soon emerge and maybe bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam will have a golden section.

Pertaining to the Fibonacci numbers, none of the songs I've looked at follow that pattern so even if I found a piece of music with it, I would feel that it is more of an anomaly than a pattern.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree. Although I found a few things that possibly could be considered fibonacci, it felt very much as if it were a stretch. However, moving onto the next year will be good for a few reasons. We can check out some different types of music, as well as just building our sample numbers.