Saturday, January 27, 2007

Something to Talk About

This gem by Bonnie Raitt, "Something to Talk About" appears at number 55 on the list.

The song is 225 second long. I noted the climax at 169 seconds in, giving a ratio of around 1.3, not near the golden section. The point where a golden section climax would occur is 139 seconds in. At this point there is an instrument solo, however, I would not consider this the climax.

Again, as in Bette Middler's song, I noted a few points on interest only a second away from the Fibonacci numbers, such as when the instruments kick in, and when the singing begins, as well as some dramatic instumentals. I wonder if this is a coincidence or not. But it seems to me as if this song is another that could be considered to follow the Fibonacci sequence of numbers.

No comments: