Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Way You Do the Things you Do

Number 71 on the list is "The Way You Do the Things You Do" by UB40. I picked this song simply because it is one of my favorite songs on the list. This version is great, and it can be enjoyed today by a variety of artists who have covered it.

Not much Fibonacci stuff to report on this song however. The song did not fit the sequence as far as I could tell.

The climax in this song is very subdued but there is really only one point where the singers change the tone of their voices, and that occurs at 126 seconds in. The song is 178 seconds long so the ratio is around 1.4, too far off to be considered a golden section song.

So like I said nothing to exiting here, but one thing I thought of was that maybe eventually we can look at some covers of some Fibonacci songs and maybe we might find something interesting, but that is for the future.

No comments: