Tuesday, January 23, 2007

All the Man that I Need

Who doesnt love a nice Whitney Houston ballad. This one, "All the Man that I Need" is number 16 on the list.

I did not find any relationship to the Fibonacci sequence of numbers.

As for the golden section, however, I think this one night fit the bill. Listening to the song the first time i judged the climax to be a fairly long section of instrumentals stringing from 145 seconds to 167 seconds. I used the middle of this as the number that i used to calculate the ratio, giving us 251/156= 1.608. Sure is close enough for me. One note though, while i used 156, that is not the exact point that i feel is the climax, rather the whole piece is in my opinion, but i figure the middle of if is the best single number to use for calculating it. And we can see if we do that here it works out pretty well.

No comments: