Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Motown Song

I would like to start by saying that this is perhaps my favorite Rod Stewart song. In addition, the music video is one of the most entertaining I've ever seen. Now that I've professed my love for the work of Rod Stewart....let's get to Fibonacci!

The song is 3:58...There is a clear climax to this song that takes place when Rod emphatically screams "Bring over some of your old motown records!" This occurs at 2:31, however the final build up to this climax commences at 2:27 when Rod says, "I know what we're feelin' can't be wrong!" and ends at the chorus being reintroduced...

3:58/2:27 = 1.619!

This is EXTREMELY CLOSE TO FIBONACCI, within a thousandth...

As far as the alternate sequence, another strike out because the song is 238 seconds long, closest to 233 but that doesn't really help us.

MORE ROD TO COME..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who doesnt love rod...anyway thats awesome that one is really right on the mark! wonder if any of his other songs are going to be close as well