Thursday, January 4, 2007

Review Shall We?

So what have we learned?

Love Shack, I Go to Extremes, and Something Happened on the Way to Heaven fit closely enough to the golden section sequence to be noted.

None of these songs conformed to the other Fibonacci number set....So far I've struck out..

I Wanna be Rich, Ice Ice Baby, Just Another Day in Paradise, and Blame it on the Rain did not fit the golden section sequence.

We have two very established artists in Phil Collins and Billy Joel that conformed to the Golden section, but the addition of one hit wonder "Love Shack" hurts my hypothesis that time tested artists with proven success better utilize the sequence. However, I think it is fair to say that one may be more likely to come across an occurrance of Fibonacci's golden section in the music of a proven winner such as Billy or Phil.

That being said, I would not discount the possibility of an artist that may be unworthy of idol status fitting the sequence; it may just be less likely .... However, until more research is done, we cannot really come to any conclusions..

So, let's keep searching for more answers!

Good luck gentlemen (and gentlewomen) as we embark on a new year!

1 comment:

BrandtE28 said...

Good work, Ed. I'm going to do some posts soon.