Friday, January 26, 2007

Everything I Do

Hey guys. I found some interesting stuff on the number 1 song from 1991, Bryan Adams "Everything I Do." For starters, the track is 377 seconds long, a Fibonacci number. Also unlike many of the songs I've looked at, this one starts with a nice strong note the second it starts out, and 1 is also part of the sequence. The singing begins within a second of the Fibonacci 13. And although those are the only spot on matches I found, throughout the song there are dramatic parts which happen within ten seconds of the other Fibonacci numbers. I think we may have found a solid "Fibonacci" song.

As for the climax, since the song is 377 seconds long, a golden section song should climax right at 233 seconds in. At that point in the song, everything stops and there is a second or two of silence, before the rest of the song kicks in. Sounds like that could definately be considered a climax to me. It's interesting that this was number 1 on the list. Let's keep checking some more songs out, but this one was pretty cool!

No comments: